Printer Friendly Page
Author Submission Checklist
- Submission is solely to the American Journal of Health Behavior.
- Submission and all correspondence are conducted online at the web site < www.ajhb.org >.
- Submission does not contain actual electronic title page submission does NOT contain author information.
- Title is no more than 75 characters including spaces.
- Abstract has 5 distinct sections; Objective(s), Methods, Results, Conclusion(s), and Key Words.
- Abstract is 125 words or less excluding the Key Words.
- Manuscript includes no more than 6 Key Words for indexing.
is in Microsoft Word Windows or Mac, double-spaced, pages numbered, and in a 12-point
- American Medical Association style format was used.
- Body of the manuscript is 5000 words or less excluding abstract, tables, figures and references.
- Cite where the tables and figures should be placed in the body of the text.
- All "p" values are lower case
and NOT capped, "P".
- Tables and figures are on separate pages and appear at the end of the manuscript after the references.
- Embedded captions or titles do not appear on any table or figure.
- Copyright permission obtained for all previously copyrighted material.
- Index Medicus used for listing of journal titles.
- All journal titles are italicized and followed by a period.
- Manuscript submitted with no reference program eg, Endnotes, etc.
- Human subject research must have institutional review board (IRB) approval. Moreover, if IRB approval is not acknowledged, the manuscript will be returned.
If additional questions arise, feel free to contact the Journal offices.