Printer Friendly Page
Want to be an American Journal Health Behavior Reviewer?
Journal is always searching for conscientious reviewers and extends an invitation to any health behavior researcher to join the Review Board of the American Journal Health Behavior. Any researcher who agrees to the conditions below, complete and submit the application form. Moreover you must submit a curriculum vita to
email@example.com. Your responsibilities as a Review Board member are listed below.
Note:We believe the best reviewers are persons who have published themselves. Ideally, we prefer persons who have published at least 8 manuscripts and hold a doctoral degree; however, do consider persons holding less than a doctoral degree if they have sufficient publications.
If you agree to the aforementioned conditions, please click here to complete and submit an application (below) to Elbert D. Glover (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Serve a 3-year term, which may result in a re-appointment. Moreover, should you choose to withdraw/resign, you may do so at any time before your appointment is completed.
- Review no more than TWO manuscripts per 12-month period. It is expected that manuscripts will be reviewed and returned within three weeks. Should a reviewer repeatedly submit late reviews or fail to return reviews, he/she will be removed from the Review Board.
- Contact your university/employer library to subscribe to the American Journal Health Behavior.
- If you Reject a manuscript,
we need specific reasons for your rejection for your comments will be forwarded to the author(s). Please stay away from personally attacking the individual(s).
you are unable to review your manuscript within three weeks, contact the Editor electronically at the journal offices as soon as possible, so that we may send the manuscript to another reviewer without further delay.
- It is Journal policy that author(s) submitting manuscripts will be notified of the status of manuscripts within 21 days of submission; therefore, if a manuscript is not returned within 20 days, you will be sent an email urging you to return the review. If the review is not returned within a week of the email, the Editor-in-Chief will review the manuscript to determine its status. In addition to being known as a quality journal, the American Journal Health Behavior wishes to be known as a responsive journal.
hope that you occasionally select the Journal as a publication outlet for your better manuscripts.
Points of Interest
- The Journal is
entering its 4th
decade of publication with over 2200 subscribers in 38 foreign countries and all 50 states.
- The rejection rate for the journal is
80% while the acceptance rate 19-21%.
- If selected as a reviewer,
your name would appear at the web site in the Review Board.
- When vacancies become available on the Editorial Board, we select persons from the Review Board who have distinguished themselves as reliable.